News & Notes
News Release - Saturday Marks the Beginning of Early Voting
Escambia County Supervisor of Elections David H. Stafford announces early voting locations and times for the Primary Election – a total of seven sites will be open county-wide:
- Escambia Co Extension Office, 3740 Stefani Road, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Molino Community Center, 6450 Highway 95A North, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Southwest Branch Library, 12248 Gulf Beach Highway, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Genealogy Branch Library, 5740 N. 9th Avenue, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Main Library, 239 N. Spring Street, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Bellview-Saufley, 916 W Michigan Avenue, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Supervisor of Elections Main Office, 213 Palafox Place, Second Floor, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Early voting will be offered Saturday, August 20, through Saturday, August 27. Early voters cast paper ballots through our digital scanners, and may choose any one of the seven sites.
Another option for voters is to cast a vote-by-mail ballot, which can be requested through the online form at EscambiaVotes.com, or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (850) 595-3900, mail, or fax (850) 595-3914. Requests must include the voter’s date of birth and address, and must be received no later than Wednesday, August 24. Voted ballots must be received in the Elections Office no later than 7 p.m. on Election Day and may not be returned to a polling location. The Postal Service recommends voters mail ballots at least one week before the due date. Vote-by-mail participants may track the status of their ballot at EscambiaVotes.com.
The third option for voters is to cast a ballot at their precinct on Election Day, Tuesday, August 30. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Florida is a closed primary state. In a primary election, voters may only vote for candidates in their party of registration unless there is a universal primary contest, a nonpartisan contest, or other issue on the ballot. Voters are reminded to bring their photo and signature ID with them to the polls and are encouraged to visit EscambiaVotes.com for complete voting information or contact the Elections Office by phone or e-mail with any questions.Published on: August 17th, 2016 00:00 - Permalink