News & Notes
News Release: Early Voting for 2010 General Begins Monday
Early voting for the November 2nd General Election begins Monday, October 18th. Voters who wish to participate in early voting may use any one of our four early voting locations.
Early Voting Locations:
- Supervisor of Elections Main Office, 213 Palafox Place, 2nd Floor
- Supervisor of Elections Annex, 292 Muscogee Road, Cantonment
- West Florida Genealogy Library (Formerly Tryon Branch), 5740 N. Ninth Ave
- Southwest Branch Library, 12248 Gulf Beach Highway
Early voting hours will be as follows:
- Monday, October 18 through Friday October 22: 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 23: 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 24: 11:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 25 through Saturday, October 30: 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Another option that voters can choose is to vote via absentee ballot. Absentee ballots can be requested by contacting us via mail (PO Box 12601, Pensacola FL 32591), phone (850-595-3900), FAX (850-595-3914), email (email@example.com) or by using our online absentee ballot request form. Requests must include the voter’s date of birth and the address where the ballot should be mailed. Requests for absentee ballots must be received no later than Wednesday, October 27th. Voted absentee ballots must be received in the Elections Office no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day and may not be returned to a polling location on Election Day. Absentee voters can follow the status of their absentee ballot using our online absentee tracking tool.
The third option for voters is to cast a paper ballot at their precinct on election day. Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. on election day. A touchscreen voting machine is available at each polling location and early voting site for persons with disabilities.
Voters are reminded to bring their photo and signature ID with them to the polls, and are encouraged to contact the Elections Office by phone or e-mail with any questions.Permalink